Thursday, 21 July 2011
MEV Hummer HX
Barriers to owning a Hummer:
- they're too massive to be a daily driver
- they're also too massive to park at your house, unless you live on a farm
- they cost a bloody fortune
- you'll look a right tit driving it
- environmentalists will hurl faeces at you
- they don't make them any more
...but forget about all that. The MEV Hummer HX is smaller, far more sensible, and available new, right now!
MEV (My Electric Vehicle) describe it as 'the only proportionally correct licensed resort vehicle on the market', which is the most preposterous sentence you'll read today. But dig through the guff and you find quite an entertaining little idea - it's an electric vehicle that's shaped like a scaled-down Hummer, offering the city frugality of the G-Wiz but presumably without the certain-death-on-impact concerns. It deals with all of the issues listed above too - aside from the problem of looking like a tit. If there's one thing guaranteed to make you look absurd, it's driving an orange child's toy around town. But hey, if you've got to have a pocket-sized EV, it may as well acknowledge its own silliness instead of being all pious about it, right?
Click here for more.
Posted by juice at 13:56